It’s that time of year, where the snow is done falling, and all the salt on the road is washing away! It’s time to start thinking about what to do with your Vehicle to prepare it for the warmer months! We have compiled a list of important things to have checked for your “Spring Checklist!”
Spring checklist for your Vehicle:
- Have the battery checked– winter can be difficult on your starter and alternator, forcing the battery to work harder and can get drained more easily. Signs your battery is weak: Dimming headlights or interior lights, power windows that take longer than usual to go up or down.
- Have the brakes inspected– winter conditions and salty roads can cause corrosion to the brakes. Your brakes are extremely important to your safety, make sure to have them inspected. Signs your brakes are having trouble: pulling to one side when you hit your brakes, squeaking or grinding noises, thumping in the pedal and or a brake pedal that feels too soft.
- Have tires checked– worn down tires make it harder to stop, even if your brake system is good. A good way to check your tires is to do the coin test. Insert a quarter into the groove of your tire; if part of Washington’s head is always covered you are fine, if you have less tread it’s time to think about replacing them.
- Have you’re A/C tested-it’s hard to want to test you’re A/C while the weather still isn’t hot, but it’s better to have it tested and fixed if necessary before you’re stuck in traffic on the hottest day of summer! Signs you’re A/C needs fixing: Turn it on full blast and see if it reaches its chill max, if it doesn’t, it’s a good time to call the mechanic
- Check your oxygen sensor-you might not think of this one, but it helps with gas mileage! A faulty sensor can cause too much gas to be used, cutting your mileage up to 40%! You need to replace this sensor typically every 30,000 to 50,000 miles. This is also the problem that most often causes your check engine light to come on.
- Have your wiper blades inspected or replaced– this is important to have good working wiper blades and components. The chilly weather can cause the rubber blades to lose their effectiveness. You don’t want to get stuck in those rain storms with bad blades!
Check in with our Facebook page for updates and specials that are running! @Suttonstreetservice
Don’t forget to call us and book these Services to get your Vehicle Summer ready! 978.688.4332